The MSc in Marketing and Consumer Psychology is a programme that prepares professionals from different backgrounds and industries for careers in marketing of products and services for businesses as well as non-profit-organizations.
This is a pioneering programme that not only covers traditional areas in marketing, but also psychological knowledge, and practical skills that are required for career success. The programme is designed to provide with an employment-focused curriculum to give its graduate a career advantage in consumer marketing.
Upon successful completion of this programme, students should:
- have developed a comprehensive understanding of marketing and consumer psychology;
- be able to critically review theories and techniques of marketing and consumer psychology and assess their potential use in business situations;
- have developed a range of effective analytical and synthesize skills, as well as planning techniques required in solving real-life marketing problems; and
- be able to design marketing programmes and manage market research projects and in consumer-led businesses.
Applicants for admission to the MSc in Marketing and Consumer Psychology Programme must possess:
- a bachelor’s degree in business administration or other areas from an institution recognized by the University; and
- preferably with one year work experience in marketing or a related area
Applicants must have some training in quantitative methods and marketing. If an applicant has not taken any quantitative methods and/or marketing course before, s/he needs to take bridging course(s):
- BUS220 Quantitative Methods and/or
- BUS233 Principles of Marketing. The fee of the summer bridging courses is $5,000 per course.
Fluency in English, in both oral and written forms, is required of all applicants. Applicants with honours degree from an institution where the medium of instruction is English will be assumed to have met this requirement. For all other applicants, an overall score 6.0 in IELTS with no subset score lower than 5.5 or equivalent is required to prove fluency in English.
Full-time Academic Staff:
- Dr. Monica Law (Programme Director)
- Dr. Lubanski Lam
- Dr. Kelly Peng
- Dr. Mark Ng
- Dr. Brian Wong
Part-time Academic Staff:
- Dr. Cynthia Zhang
- Dr. Edward Cheng
- Ms. Hilary Chan
Programme Director: Dr. Monica LAW
Programme Specific Enquiry:
Tel: (852) 2806 5194
Fax: (852) 2806 8044