The applicants should:
- Possess a bachelor's or a master's degree in a relevant discipline; and
- Have excellent command of spoken and written English (preferably an overall IELTS band score of 7.5 or above).
|Prof. Peter STOREY||
|Prof. King Fai TAM||
|Dr. Rebekah BALE||
|Dr. LAM Yeeman||
|Dr. Kacey LIU||
|Dr. Michelle CHAN||
|Dr. Benjamin FREUDENBERG||
|Dr. Cherry LAM||
|Dr. Benjamin OLIN||
|Dr. WONG Man Ho Ivy||
Click here to access the online application.
1. Please prepare the following supporting documents for upload in order to complete your application form:
- A recent, color, passport-size photo (i.e., approximately 40mm (Width) x 50 mm (Height) and show full frontal face with clear facial features.)
- A copy of your HKID Card or other identification document
- Copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications
- A research proposal
- A sample of writings (except MPhil / PhD in Psychology)
2. Applicants are required to pay an application fee of HK$200 by Credit Card (Visa or Master card) via the online payment system (a link will be sent to your email once the application form is submitted).
3. Official transcripts of your undergraduate and postgraduate studies should be directly sent to the Graduate School in a sealed envelope from the issuing universities.
4. Confidential recommendations from each of your two academic referees should be sealed by the referees and posted directly to the University within 2 weeks from the date of submission of your application.
5. An official score report of IELTS on English proficiency should be directly sent by examination bodies.
6. Applicants from the Mainland have to register for online authentication from the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) to verify their bachelor degree.
7. Incomplete application will NOT be considered.
8. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview by email one month after the closing of application.
9. If your application is unsuccessful, the form and all the supporting documents will be destroyed 8 weeks after the application deadline.
Click here to download the application form.
Your completed application should include following documents below:
i. a non-refundable application fee of HK$200 by crossed cheque (for local applicants) or a bank draft of $200 in Hong Kong dollars issued by a bank (for non-local applicants) made payable to “Hong Kong Shue Yan University” /「香港樹仁大學」with your name, identification document no. and contact phone no., written on the back* ;
ii. a completed application form with an affixed photo;
iii. a copy of your HKID card or your identification documents;
iv. copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications† ;
v. official transcripts of all tertiary level studies directly sent by universities (Copies of transcripts issued by HKSYU are accepted);
vi. an official score report of IELTS on English proficiency directly sent by examination bodies;
vii. a statement of purpose;
viii. a research proposal;
ix. a sample of writing (except MPhil/PhD in Psychology).
Please submit the application and all supporting documents with the programme acronym indicated on the envelope by mail or in person to:
Hong Kong Shue Yan University,
Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill,
North Point, Hong Kong
*Acknowledgement of receipt will be issued by post two weeks after your application is received. Returned cheque will be regarded as an incomplete application.
†Applicants from the Mainland have to register for online authentication from the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) to verify their bachelor degree.
Tel: (852) 28067307