The MPhil/PhD Programme in Psychology is designed to train scholars or researchers who are solidly grounded in theoretical perspectives, highly original, and specialized in their chosen areas, yet conversant in a broader interdisciplinary network of knowledge. The MPhil/PhD Programme aims to equip scholars or researchers with advanced knowledge and skills in a specialist field, enabling them to undertake roles requiring specialist expertise relating to the pursuit and applications of knowledge and to make a significant impact in their chosen areas of expertise.
Unique features of the programme :
- aboratory facilities for running cutting-edge research, such as dense-array electroencephalogram, biofeedback devices, transcranial stimulation devices, eye-trackers, play room, and observation room;
- interdisciplinary approach, such as the interface study of psychoanalysis and neuroscience
The MPhil/PhD programmes in Psychology provides:
- scholarly training in the theoretical perspectives in Psychology;
- training in advanced research techniques;
- supervision in developing highly original research studies; and
- learning opportunities in a broad interdisciplinary network of knowledges relating to Psychology.
MPhil applicants should possess:
- an undergraduate degree in Psychology or a relevant field.
PhD applicants should possess:
- an MPhil or a taught master’s degree; or
- a Bachelor in Psychology from a recognized university normally with First Class honours.
All applicants should have excellent command of spoken and written English.
Applicants are recommended to contact and discuss their proposals with potential supervisors before submitting the application.
Teachers List and Research Fields
|Prof. SUN Tien Lun, Catherine||
|Prof. YU Kai Ching, Calvin||
|Dr. CHAN Chi Keung||
|Dr. CHAN Wing Lui Winnie||
|Dr. CHEUNG Wai Leung Raysen||
|Dr. CHIO Hin-man Jasmine||
|Dr. CHOW Tak Sang Jason||
|Dr. FU Wai||
|Dr. LAU Hi Po Bobo||
|Dr. LI Wang On||
|Dr. LO Lap Yan||
|Dr. SIU Yat-fan Nicolson||
|Dr. WONG Chi-kin Kenchi||
|Dr. ZHOU Dehui Ruth||