The MPhil/PhD programme in Economics provides students:
- with a thorough understanding of advanced economic and financial theories;
- with the skills to apply advanced economic and financial theories to interpret the real world phenomena;
- with the abilities to analyse economic environment and policy choices effectively.
More importantly, we expect our MPhil/PhD graduates to have a high standard of academic integrity and professional honesty.
The career path of MPhil and PhD graduates in Economics at Shue Yan University is multi-faceted. They can embark their careers in economic research, policy analysis, strategic management and teaching in
- university and academic institutes;
- banking, financial institutions and business enterprises;
- government departments and policy units;
- international consultancy firms;
In particular, “Belt and Road Initiatives” and “Greater Bay Area” integrating Hong Kong, Southern China and the rest of the world provide excellent employment opportunity for Shue Yan’s MPhil/PhD graduates with development planning and analytical skills.
- a good Bachelor’s degree or a taught Master’s degree in Economics or relevant field;
- a taught Master’s or MPhil degree in Economics or relevant fields with distinction, and be able to provide good recommendations from the awarding university
Teachers List and Research Fields
|Prof. YEUNG Wing Kay David||
|Dr. LEE Shu Kam||
|Dr. LI Yi Man Rita||
|Dr. WOO Kai Yin||
|Dr. YUEN Wai Kee, Thomas||
|Dr. TANG Chi Ho, Edward||