Committed to promoting innovative research and preparing students for historical professional career, the graduate programme in history offers interdisciplinary training with a strong focus on Hong Kong history and modern China. The core fields draw on the expertise of substantial segments of the faculty and provide significant opportunities for innovative graduate learning. The small-size and flexibility of our seminars also offer bountiful chances of one-to-one consultation with supervisor. Meanwhile, the Department of History is active in organizing public lectures, conference and other academic activities. All these facilitate admitted students to develop their own creative, self-tailored programmes of graduate study.
The MPhil/PhD programmes in History provide:
- In-depth training in Chinese culture and history with a congenial campus atmosphere;
- Analytical framework on modern China with emphasis on its external relations in culture and economic.
- Thorough knowledge in Hong Kong history.
- Possess a bachelor or a master degree in relevant disciplines; and
- Have substantial training in Chinese history.
Teachers List and Research Fields
|Prof. WEI Chuxiong||
|Prof. MO Shixiang||
|Dr. LO Wing Sang||
|Dr. AU Chi Kin||
|Dr. CHAU Chi Fung||
|Dr. PANG Suk Man, Agnes||